I'll get into what Square Your Bizz is in just a few moments but first I wanted to explain why I love Squarespace so much. FYI this isn't a sponsored post, I seriously just love Squarespace.
Why I use Squarespace
When I started this blog back in January 2016 I had to decide where I wanted to call home, Wordpress or Squarespace.
I had experience with both, my lifestyle blog is on Wordpress and my Forth and Wild Studio (portfolio site) is on Squarespace, so I had to decide which I preferred more. I won't lie, I definitely gravitated towards Wordpress. I was really familiar with the backend and loved all the options I had when it came to customizing my website.
The one thing I knew for sure is that I wanted to put all of my time and energy into creating content without having to stress out over the endless Wordpress options, so I went with Squarespace.
Spoiler alert: I'm so happy I did!
I did have some doubts before I took the plunge:
- Would I be able give my website a unique look? I was worried I would be limited when it came to designing my website and getting rid of the cookie cutter Squarespace look.
- Could I really live without all those plugins? Even though they can be overwhelming, there are quite a few out there that are incredibly useful.
- Will Squarespace be able to provide enough SEO for my website? Without plugins like Yoast and only being able to do so much on my end I was a little concerned about driving traffic to my site.
After mulling over my doubts and making sure I could properly address them I decided to go for it. The pros outweighed the cons in this situation.
Let's quickly dive into a few of the Squarespace benefits and what really sold me on this platform.
Lightweight and user-friendly
Without the ability to install multiple plugins you don't have to worry about slowing down your site or having to keep everything up-to-date.
Learning the backend of Squarespace literally took me a few hours and before I knew it I felt like a pro. The backend of Wordpress is a little more intimidating because there are so many options. Whenever I publish a post on my lifestyle blog I worry that I'm forgetting to do something, such as adding the right amount of SEO and getting that little light to turn green. It can be exhausting.
If you are wondering if Squarespace is limited because they don't offer a bajillion plugins or have an extensive backend like Wordpress then I'd tell you it's not. I find Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air in the online world. As a part-time Wordpress user I'll admit I love having all the options to customize my site, however, I have never felt held back or left out on Squarespace.
Built in SEO
As I mentioned above I was worried about having less control over my SEO and letting Squarespace take over.
If you skim through this article you can figure out how you can improve your SEO...
In the article below Squarespace explains how they take care of SEO for you so you don't have to worry about it...
After reading the above articles and doing some more research I felt confident I could put my trust in Squarespace and it shows. My top three traffic drivers are Pinterest, direct, and Google.
Built-in responsive templates
One thing I really love about Squarespace is you get a library of beautiful templates to choose from and they are all included with your monthly or annual fee. New templates are added from time to time so you always have something fresh to choose from.
All templates are responsive and work across multiple platforms. A cool backend feature is you can view your website in desktop, tablet, and phone view. Just click the icons at the top of the screen and you can make sure everything looks perfect in different formats.
Drag and drop
Squarespace makes designing your website super easy with its drag and drop features. You can easily move a photo or text block to a different location on your page without breaking a sweat. I find this to be a huge time saver when I want to go in and change something on my site or even when I want to position things differently in a blog post.
Easy to manage
The great thing about Squarespace is you don't need to know a single line of code. You can build a beautiful site right out of the box and go in and change things when you want, easily.
They have a Custom CSS box where you can add in code to make small changes on your website.
Squarespace also has a developer mode, meaning if you are really good at code or want to hire someone to design a custom site you can do so.
What is Square Your Bizz?
Now let's get into Square Your Bizz.
SYB is a Squarespace template I designed for just for you.
I wanted to design a template that was clean, stylish, and most importantly helps you bring in email subscribers. This template is perfect for bloggers and business owners who want to grow their email list and have a beautiful site while doing it.
Square Your Bizz comes with:
- Instructional videos so you can follow along and design your site.
- Copy and paste CSS sheet to give different areas on your website a less "out-of-the-box" Squarespace look. I walk you through everything, the CSS is literally copy and paste, easy peasy.
- Colour codes and fonts used on the website if you would like to use them.
- If you have your own brand items such as fonts and colours you can easily add them in and make the site unique to your business.
- This template comes with a blog that has the option for a sidebar! Sidebar peeps unite!
- A blog layout workbook to help you plan out your website before you dive in designing it
By the end you will have:
- A beautiful homepage that converts.
- A protected resource library to house all of your sweet opt-ins.
- A store where you can sell your goods and services.
- A sales page for your course or product.
- An about page and contact page.
Click the button below to head over to Square Your Bizz where you can learn more and view the demo site.
If you have any questions about Square Your Bizz feel free to comment below or contact me.